Whether it’s summer or winter is the perfect moment to try to make your own foot scrub. Any time when you start wearing open shoes or thick socks your feet will need some TLC to keep them moisturised and exfoliated.
My own motivation to try this recipe was a special request from my hubby. I think he must like my natural beauty products. And you know what? This must be my favourite cosmetics I’ve made at home so far. It smells so delicious that I literally licked my finger while making it (I think I confused the mixture for cake batter). And I love using it. Here are a few reasons why.
- It contains natural ingredients only hence I can use it for me but also for my 6 year old without a second of hesitation.
- Coconut oil makes it very rich. On top this type of oil is considered to be a natural antifungal, antibacterial and moisturiser.
- I added some honey and honey granules can act as a natural and gentle exfoliant.
- Lemon essential oil is great for nails and can help fighting nail fungus.
- And to finish it off, Dead Sea salts make the homemade mixture a great detoxifier for the pores.
Ingredients for foot scrub
- 1 cup of bath salt (I used Dead Sea salt)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- Melt coconut oil.
- Mix sugar with bath salt.
- Pour coconut oil and honey and combine well.
- Let it cool a little bit before adding essential oils.
Don’t be surprised that your foot scrub is going to be quite liquid at first. Then you might see white coating of coconut oil on top covering up the coarse mixture. Make sure to mix it before each use. Or simply apply both elements of the scrub on your feet – oil will moisturise and the brown scrubby part will be a perfect exfoliant. Enjoy!
All the recipes included in this blog have been made and tested at home. Please note that I am not a cosmetics or food professional. Always consult your doctor in case of any allergies or reactions.